Digital Auditorium (HCC), 3:30-5:30pm
- Call to Order
- Meeting Minutes – September 11, 2019 special meeting
- President Paino
- President’s Report to the BOV, Sept 13, 2019 (
- Provost Mikhalevsky
- College Deans
- Keith Mellinger, CAS
- Pete Kelly, CoE
- Lynne Richardson, CoB – in conjunction with the Center for Career and Professional Development, the COB has launched The EDGE, a career readiness/professional development program for business students (attached). Pat Fillipone ’88 will serve as the Executive-in-Residence on 10/17/19. The 3rd Annual College of Business Alumni Awards event, recognizing nine MWC/UMW alumni, will be held on 10/18/19 (tickets are available!).
- SGA Representative’s Report
- SAC Representative Report (Christy Pack)
- UFC Chair’s Report (Anand Rao)
- UFC Vice Chair’s Report (Andrew Dolby)
- Faculty Senate of Virginia (Marcel Rotter and Anand Rao)
- Rosemary Arneson, University Librarian – will be available to answer questions on:
- University Committees – minutes, reports, and action items
- University Academic Affairs Committee
- University Budget Advisory Committee
- University Curriculum Committee
- University Faculty Affairs Committee
- University Faculty Organization Committee
- University General Education Committee
- University Sabbaticals, Fellowships & Faculty Awards Committee
- University Student Affairs & Campus Life Advisory Committee
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) Committee
- Distance and Blended Learning Committee
- First Year Seminar Committee
- Honors Program Committee
- James Farmer Multicultural Center Advisory Committee
- Journalism Advisory Committee
- Speaking Intensive Committee
- Teaching Center Advisory Committee
- Writing Intensive Committee
- Climate Survey report
II. Unfinished Business
University Faculty Organizational Committee: The following two action items were submitted to the UFC for its April 15, 2019, meeting. The UFC lost quorum before they could be considered.
- Action Item Contingent Faculty recommendation: This motion is to include on UFC someone at the rank of Adjunct, Professional Development Adjunct or Visiting, as an at-large member, to be compensated monetarily. The UFC tabled this motion (April 15, 2019).
- Action Item Teaching Center Advisory Committee recommendation: This motion revises the Teaching Center Advisory Committee membership to reflect all three colleges; inclusion of charge to review grant proposals; creation of Teaching & Learning Roundtable to meet twice a semester, comprised of individuals representing various centers on campus. The UFC tabled this motion (April 15, 2019).
III. New Business
The next UFC meeting will be held on October 23, 2019, from 3:30-5:30pm in the HCC Digital Auditorium.