2022-2023 Submission Due Dates for New WI Course Designations:
To propose a course as writing intensive, please submit a Writing Intensive New Course Proposal using the UMW Curriculum Inventory Management (CIM) system through the Add a Designation process and provide the information requested.
- Spring 2023 courses: proposals should be received by September 6, 2022
- Summer 2023 courses: proposals should be received by November 4, 2022
- Fall 2023 courses: proposals should be received by January 27, 2023
WI Committee Members for 2022 – 2023
- 2023 Elizabeth Johnson-Young (Associate, CAS) – Chair
- 2025 Melissa Martinez (Assistant, CAS) – Secretary
- 2024 Amrita Dhar (Assistant, CAS)
- 2023 Pamela Grothe (Assistant, CAS)
- 2025 Shumona Dasgupta (Associate, CAS)
Ex Officio – Heather Guhl, Writing and Speaking Center
Meeting Dates 2022 – 2023:
August 26, 2022 at 4:00PM
September 7, 2022 at 4:15PM
November 14, 2022 at 3:00PM
For more information about the Writing Intensive Program, go to the Writing Intensive Program webpage.
DUTIES 2.8.7 The committee’s duties are to: .1 Study and recommend to the University Faculty Council procedures and criteria for approval, deletion, and alteration of course offerings in the writing intensive Across-the-Curriculum requirement; .2 Review and approve or reject proposals from the various departments for courses to be designated writing intensive; .3 Review at its discretion the frequency of offering and general relevance of courses so designated and make recommendations for changes as appropriate; .4 Perform any and all additional duties, such as evaluating transfer credit, pertaining to the committee at the request of the committee chair; .5 Make information available regarding the procedures and deadlines for proposing courses to the general education committee; and .6 Perform other duties as assigned by the UFC.