2021 – 2022 Submission Due Dates for New WI Course Designations:
To propose a course as writing intensive, please submit a Writing Intensive New Course Proposal using the UMW Curriculum Inventory Management (CIM) system through the Add a Designation process and provide the information requested.
- Spring 2022 courses: proposals should be received by September 8, 2021
- Summer 2022 courses: proposals should be received by November 5, 2021
- Fall 2022 courses: proposals should be received by January 28, 2022
WI Committee Members for 2021 – 2022
- 2022 Brenta Blevins (Assistant, CAS) – Chair
- 2022 Ben LaBreche (Associate, CAS) – Secretary
- 2024 Amrita Dhar (Assistant, CAS)
- 2023 Pamela Grothe (Assistant, CAS)
- 2023 Elizabeth Johnson-Young (Assistant, CAS)
Meeting Dates 2021 – 2022:
August 25, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
September 10, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
November 12, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
February 11, 2022 at 2 p.m.
April 22, 2022 at 10 a.m.
DUTIES 2.8.7 The committee’s duties are to: .1 Study and recommend to the University Faculty Council procedures and criteria for approval, deletion, and alteration of course offerings in the writing intensive Across-the-Curriculum requirement; .2 Review and approve or reject proposals from the various departments for courses to be designated writing intensive; .3 Review at its discretion the frequency of offering and general relevance of courses so designated and make recommendations for changes as appropriate; .4 Perform any and all additional duties, such as evaluating transfer credit, pertaining to the committee at the request of the committee chair; .5 Make information available regarding the procedures and deadlines for proposing courses to the general education committee; and .6 Perform other duties as assigned by the UFC.