Agenda – University Faculty Council Special Meeting
June 12, 2020; 3:00-5:00 PM
1) Call to Order
- President, Troy Paino
- Provost, Nina Mikhalevsky
- UFC Chair, Andrew Dolby – Chair’s Report
- UFC Past Chair, Anand Rao – Virginia Education Work Group
3) Action item from FSEM Committee
- FSEM Committee June 11 Action Item [Approved]
4) Action item from Honors Committee
- Honors Committee June 8 Action Item. [Approved]
5) Items for discussion
- Fall and spring academic calendar changes
- Proposed time blocks for courses
- Remote teaching for fall courses
- Role of faculty in maintaining COVID-19 related health and safety guidelines during the 2020-21 academic year.
- Class attendance policies for the 2020-21 academic year
- Possible extension of CR/P-19/NCRT grading to Fall 2020 semester.
- Role of University Police in local law enforcement’s coordinated response to Fredericksburg community demonstration activity.
- Independent Review of the 2017 Protest Events In Charlottesville, Virginia for additional background information and context pertinent to discussion
- 105 – Jurisdiction and Mutual Aid
6) Resolutions in support of Black Lives Matter movement, re-commitment to diversity and inclusion, and re-examination of University Police Mutual Aid agreement.
- Full text of resolutions – Prepared and submitted by Kristin Marsh
- Revised full text of resolutions – [Endorsed]
Speak Your Mind